My name is Veronika and I love decorating cakes. I have worked as a decorator for Costco for three years, and have started to get into making cakes outside of work. I also love dancing, triathlons, and small dogs.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Daisy Time!

I saw this cake design in Martha's Weddings and I loved it... The icing and filling recipes I decided to try out were, unfortunately, extremely runny, resulting in many many structure issues. Because it wasn't for anyone I proceeded in decorating it anyway since the flowers were all ready to go! I thought the top looked better alone and that is why I have both pictures.

5 comments:

  1. um. i love it. i should've just had you make my wedding cake. it would've been saweeeet. and probably less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have found your calling,V!! I love it!!! Keep them coming!!! I bet Mr. Bush loves to eat the the ending product...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE it. You are so so good at this, I hope you get your business going ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the confidence boosts everyone! Really, you are all very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veronika, I have a little tear in my eye, I am amazed at your talent. I had just seen a cake like this on bluecupcake.com and wondered how they made it. Are the flowers gum paste? I need you to help me with some ideas for the Hutton Carnival cake contest. My kids have won something every year (but that's because your mom refuses to participate!)
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete